Everything You Need to Know About Tree Pruning Services
If you want the trees on your property to look their best while ensuring their growth and avoid them becoming a safety risk, using tree pruning services is the right choice. Tree pruning refers to the process of removing selective branches and portions of a tree that are damaged, diseased or overgrown. Read on to learn about the benefits and methods of pruning.
Benefits of Tree Pruning
Properly pruning your trees can be an investment in the long-term. It can help improve the health of the tree and safety of your property and enhance the overall look. Trimming your trees has the following advantages:
- Getting rid of dead, damaged, or broken branches, preventing complete removal of the tree.
- Saving your property from possible damage due to partially broken or fallen branches.
- Removing old, dead branches to encourage the growth of new ones and improve the health of your trees.
- It can help reduce the risk of branches getting tangled with power lines.
- Giving the trees a polished, clean, and healthy appearance that can help enhance the appeal of your landscape and property.
- Restricting the growth of the plants and trees and preventing overgrowth.
- It can help improve the air flow and encourage better branch distribution.
- Improving the health of the trees in the long term.
Different Methods of Tree Pruning
When to prune a tree depends on many factors such as its habitat, the type of tree, and reasons for pruning. There are many types of trimming, and you must choose the most appropriate method for the trees on your property by considering the result that you want. Here is a list of different types of pruning:
This helps to remove specific branches throughout the crown without changing the shape and appearance of the tree significantly. The focus is on removing the smaller limbs all the way back to their origin. It can help free up a full canopy to allow more sunlight and maintain the shape for many years.
If you have a tree that has outgrown its space, this method helps to reduce its width or height. It involves cutting off the branches that are too long or are a threat to your property to maintain its natural shape.
As the name suggests, this method is used to give a clean and neat appearance by making small cuts. You can clear out the damaged, dead, and diseased limbs of the trees.
- Structural Cuts
This is a combination of one or more of the above methods to improve the long-term health of the trees on your property.
We Provide Professional Tree Pruning Services in Newmarket, Toronto & the GTA
At DreamWorks Tree Services, we have tree care experts that provide excellent tree pruning services. We follow the safest and most effective practices to prune and preserve the health of trees by using ropes, safety harnesses, and bucket trucks.
For all your tree pruning needs including working on the tall, mature trees on your property, reach out to our professionals by calling toll free at 1-800-407-9917 or 647-261-2627. You could also fill out our online form to request further information and get free property assessment.