Difference Between Stump Removal And Stump Grinding
After cutting a tree, most property owners (or managers) are faced with a dilemma—stump removal or stump grinding in Toronto?
We will be explaining the two types of stump removal services for your understanding.
Stump Grinding in Toronto
- The tree is cut down to just below ground level with the help of a grinder.
- The tree stump is then grounded into small pieces which can be used as mulch or ground cover.
- Once the stump is grounded down (to a few inches below the earth) dirt is put over, and eventually it will decay along with the roots.
Tree Stump Removal in Toronto
- Here, the entire stump and root ball of the tree is removed, which is a more difficult process than stump is grinding.
- Removing the root ball is challenging and time consuming as it expands considerably with tree growth and you will need to get most of it out. (At planting, the root ball can be four to ten times the diameter of the tree trunk, depending on the type.)
- On account of the sheer size of the root system you could be left with a large hole in your yard.
So Which Method Of Stump Removal Is Better?
Stump grinding is often the preferred choice; it is easier and possibly cheaper because it takes less time. It also levels the ground without leaving the gaping hole on your property which can create additional problems.
It is best to consult a professional tree stump removal service in Toronto for the job. Trying to do it yourself can be dangerous as well as frustrating. You do not just need the right tools and knowledge but also the required safety equipment.
Our tree removal specialists are equipped with the latest stump grinding equipment in Toronto to enhance work efficiency and prevent property damage. An additional advantage is that our equipment can work anywhere including condominium rooftops or between tightly spaced homes.
We can also help you plant a new tree to replace the one you had removed. Contact us!