The Benefits Of Hiring A Professional Arborist For Tree Pruning Or Trimming
By definition, an arborist is an individual who studies, cultivates, and manages trees and other perennial woody plants. In common vernacular, an arborist is often described as a tree surgeon.
A certified professional arborist is skilled in the art of tree pruning or tree trimming to maintain or improve the health and appearance/aesthetics of the tree. There are several reasons that a tree may require the pruning or trimming talents of an arborist:
- Prevent the obstruction of hydro wires or light standards
- Eliminate interference with gutters, roofs, or chimneys
- Remove diseased, infected, or dead branches
- Straighten or train young trees for proper/secure/safe growth
- Improve structure and safety by reducing wind resistance
- Proper removal of branches weakened or damaged by adverse weather
- Thinning out inner branches to improve sunlight penetration
In addition to tree pruning or tree trimming, an arborist can also provide expertise in the following areas:
- Planting and transplanting trees
- Fertilizers and nutrients
- Tree removal
- Pest issues and management
- Maintaining overall tree health
After the harsh weather experienced in Toronto and the GTA this past winter, there has undoubtedly been extensive tree damage throughout the entire region. The services of a professional arborist, particularly those benefits that relate to tree pruning or tree trimming, will be a highly sought-after commodity.
Points To Consider When Hiring A Professional Arborist For Tree Pruning
As recommended when engaging the services of any contractor, hiring a professional arborist requires some research and due diligence.
Some key factors to consider within the process of researching arborists would include:
- Accreditations – Ask for verification of all professional memberships/certifications
- References – Request to see client references or testimonials, as well as examples of any other work completed in your local area (photos or by inspecting any worksites)
- Estimates – Secure at least two or three quotes from different arborists/companies
- Contracts – Obtain a detailed work order, in writing, that documents the costs for all services to be provided and the anticipated duration of the job (start and end dates) along with any worksite clean-up fees and disposal fees, and applicable taxes
- Unforeseen Costs – Ensure that the written contract includes a clause/sub-section that outlines potential costs (hourly rate or a flat fee) for unanticipated problems that may arise during the tree pruning or tree trimming process and that will only be completed upon your written approval/authorization
It is important to note that your trees and other perennial woody plants, especially those that are more mature, can add value and aesthetic appeal to your property. Expert tree pruning or tree trimming by a professional arborist would be a prudent investment in protecting and enhancing the look and value of that asset.
Are you considering the services of a Toronto arborist for your tree pruning and/or tree trimming needs? Contact DreamWorks Tree Services today at 1-800-407-9917 to speak with our professionals and discuss how we might help.