Tree Services Specialists Help Support and Maintain Tree Health Year-Round
With the cold temperatures and biting winds of winter now firmly established in Toronto, many homeowners may be longing for the warm weather of spring and summer so that they can once again take part in the pleasures of outdoor activities. For some, this may include various sporting interests while others might prefer the simpler indulgences such as reading a book and/or sipping a beverage while sitting in the shade of a healthy tree.
While the latter scenario certainly paints an idyllic picture, it will not be possible in reality unless that tree was in fact healthy. And although trees tend to be rather robust and are able to maintain their own health, for the most part, there are several measures that homeowners can take to support the well-being of their trees.
Some useful tips to promote tree health throughout the year would include the following:
- Keep soil moist – add a layer of mulch around base (stay 2 to 3 inches from trunk)
- Water regularly, penetrating deep into roots, based on rainfall and condition of soil
- Routinely inspect for disease, insect infestation, damage – and address accordingly
- Use caution when power mowing/trimming the lawn – avoid cuts/slices in the bark
- Avoid digging/excavating within the span of the branches (to prevent root damage)
- Remove dead or diseased wood/branches as soon as any such issues are identified
- Thin out interior branches to allow increased sunlight penetration and better air flow
- Ensure that pruning/trimming is performed at the right time of year for the tree type
- Refrain from parking vehicles/heavy equipment under trees (it will compact the soil)
- Winterize/shield younger trees with burlap wrap or with a snow fence or wind screen
While some of these proactive and preventative steps will be a direct responsibility of the homeowner, other actions, such as tree pruning/trimming, branch thinning, and removal of dead or diseased wood should be entrusted to skilled tree services specialists, such as the team from DreamWorks Tree Services in Toronto.
Tree Pruning and Tree Trimming Are Just Part of Complete Tree Care Services
Despite the stark contrast in the physical appearance of a tree in the summer versus the winter, proper tree care and maintenance is essential to ensuring its health and vitality. For many homeowners, and particularly those with mature trees on their property, tree care can become a time-consuming and at times overwhelming responsibility.
They may, however, still want to enjoy all the beauty and benefits of having healthy and vibrant trees as part of their overall landscaping. The resolution to such a dilemma may lie in capitalizing on the complete tree services offered by the experts DreamWorks Tree Services.
This expertise is available to homeowners on a year-round basis, depending on need, personal preferences, and the species of tree. The extent of these services can include:
- Tree removal
- Stump removal
- Spur-free pruning
- Cabling and bracing
- Aeration and fertilization
- Hedge trimming/shrub care
For more information on the complete tree care services provided by DreamWorks Tree Services, please see our Tree Services Page.
To ensure the health and vibrancy of your trees throughout the year, call the complete tree care specialists at DreamWorks Tree Services today at 647-261-2627 or contact us to discuss the services that best meet your specific needs.