Summer Tree Care & Service Checklist
The hot summer months bring out the best in your trees, but they also make them susceptible to a variety of problems that can harm them. They can fall victim to summer storms, diseases, and pests, often taking quite a blow to their overall health. This is why it helps to have a proper tree care routine, so you can enhance their health and learn what to expect when hiring professionals for tree care services.
Before we look at the summer tree service checklist, let’s understand the common problems trees may face during the summer season:
- Lack of water and excess heat are major concerns for plants in the summer months.
- The rise in temperature increases the chances of diseases and pest infestation.
- Pruning errors may affect your trees’ overall health because they may not be able to thrive.
- Choosing incorrect locations for plants and trees may lead them into shock due to which they may die right after installation.
Summer Tree Care Checklist
Inspect Your Landscape Thoroughly
Be sure to examine your trees for damage, especially diseases and pest infestations. A few common ones are as follows:
- The emerald ash borer. This is a devastating problem that requires the knowledge of experts to come up with suitable treatment options.
- Summer pests such as the Magnolia scale, Summer aphids, Borers, Chinch bugs, Spider Mites, and more can damage your trees and plants significantly. It helps to identify them and treat them accordingly.
Be sure to consult professional arborists who offer tree care services to determine the proper treatment. Also, keep an eye on your shrubs and trees throughout the summer and perform regular inspections.
Prune Unsafe, Diseased or Dead Branches
Pruning trees is an essential part of tree care plans. It keeps your plants and trees healthy and flourishing throughout the summer months. Also, monitor the structure of your trees’ canopies to promote healthy growth. Be sure to remove dead limbs and branches to enhance their overall health and prevent further damage during summer storms.
Cable, Brace or Remove Weak Limbs
Cabling helps keep the stronger limbs of your trees from suffering damage during summer storms when weaker branches break and fall. It helps to make sure the loose limbs are secure by cabling or trimming them well. Doing so can prevent them from falling onto the healthy branches and further damaging the tree and your property.
Removal of Unsafe Trees
If a tree is infested beyond repair or in an unsalvageable condition, the best course of action is to remove it. This is because it becomes a threat that can further damage your property. It helps to hire professionals who provide comprehensive tree care services to deal with such trees.
Tips for Tree Care During Summer
- Mulching – helps stabilize the soil temperature, reduce the growth of weeds, and keep your trees safe during the hot summer months.
- Irrigation – is essential during the summer season to ensure the proper growth of trees. It helps to know how much to water them and how frequently you should water the specific trees and plants on your property.
- Fertilization – helps to provide the nutrition for your trees and plants so they can ward off diseases and thrive in the hot temperature.
- Pruning – during the summer months, pruning is necessary to remove any damaged, diseased, or dead limbs and ensure safety. It helps to know that the ideal time to prune flowering trees in summer is as soon as they finish blooming.
- Tree Inspection – a professional arborist can help identify any potential issues with the trees. Also, they can come up with suitable preventive measures.
- Natural Damage Prevention – is necessary to prevent damage to your property during summer storms. It helps to remove the weak branches and limbs that are a threat to the safety of your house.
Contact Dreamworks Trees for Quick & Efficient Tree Care Services
At DreamWorks Tree Services, we are committed to helping you protect your trees, ensuring they are healthy. We offer complete tree services in Toronto and the GTA, including personalized tree care services according to the condition of your plants and trees. We have qualified arborists to assess them and come up with adequate measures to enhance their health and appearance. We will understand your needs, offer tree care solutions accordingly, and schedule our work at your convenience.
If you have any questions about our tree care services, feel free to call us at 647-924-2627. You could also schedule a free property assessment by filling out our online contact form. We also offer 24/7 emergency storm clean up assistance and will be happy to help you.