Choose The Right Tree Trimming Tools Based On Their Intended Purposes
When interior renovation efforts or outdoor gardening/landscaping projects fall short of homeowner expectations, the source of the problem can often be traced back to a lack of appropriate tools for the task at hand and/or attempts to improvise with whatever tools and materials happen to be available. In the end, such shortcomings or shortcuts can be disastrous for the do-it-yourself homeowner or a so-called professional contractor.
The same philosophy holds true for tree trimming. Using inappropriate tools or using the right tools incorrectly can and likely will be detrimental to the health of the tree, and possibly result in costly repairs or even a complete tree removal.
Tree trimming customarily serves one or more of these purposes:
- Improve the health of the tree health
- Promote tree growth and/or fruit production
- To influence height, shape, and/or thickness
- Aesthetic appeal
- To address or repair storm damage
To ensure that tree trimming efforts produce their desired result(s), there are several common tools available for use, depending on:
- The amount of trimming to be done
- The thickness of the branches
- The height of the tree
- The health of the tree
- Safety and environmental concerns
The following summarizes some common tree trimming tools and their specific uses:
Pruning Shears (or Hand Pruners)
- Can have a single blade (for woody stems) or dual blades (for delicate stems)
- Used for cutting branches that are too thick for pruning shears
Long Pole Pruners (or Long Reach Pruners)
- For tree trimming or tree shaping without having to climb a ladder
- Suitable for hard-to-reach areas – less chance of damage to other branches
- Can have telescopic handles that extend to approximately 10 feet (~3 meters)
- Have specially-designed teeth for cutting live/green wood
- Can be gas powered, electric, or battery powered
- Environmental (noise, exhaust) and safety precautions must be observed
- Save time in terms of cutting all trimmings into acceptable lengths for disposal
- Provide a return on investment by avoiding the need to buy wood-chip mulch
Although all of the above-noted tools can either be purchased or rented by the do-it-yourself homeowner, it is important to bear in mind that the costs might be prohibitive and/or that the quality of the equipment may be of a lesser standard than the tools used by a contractor.
In addition, even the best quality tools may not produce desired results if they are used by someone with little to no experience and/or are used inappropriately.
Therefore, for optimum tree trimming results, it may be advisable for homeowners to call upon the knowledge and skills of a professional tree service in Toronto, such as DreamWorks Tree Services.
Tree Trimming Is One Part Of Our Complete Tree Care Service
Tree trimming is will undoubtedly play an important role in maintaining both the health and aesthetic appeal of your trees as well as the overall appearance/presentation of your property. However, trimming and pruning are just part of the comprehensive tree care services offered by DreamWorks Tree Services.
There can be a number of reasons for property owners to contract a professional tree care company like DreamWorks Tree Services, including but not limited to:
If you are looking for the right tools to get the job done right, or prefer to have a professional tree trimming service perform the work on your behalf, call the tree care specialists at DreamWorks Tree Services today or 1-800-407-9917at either 647-924-2627 or contact us for all the answers to all your questions.