A Checklist for Tree Care Services in the Spring
Consider Our Spring Tree Services to Aid the Health and Vitality of Your Trees
Many homeowners use the arrival of the spring season as a benchmark for maintenance activities. This is the time of year when they may schedule such services as tune-ups for their vehicle, lawnmower, air conditioning system, and overhead garage door.
Spring is also that time of year when property owners can be seen busily readying their lawns and gardens for the coming growing seasons. In such cases, these activities may include fertilizing and top dressing their lawn, cleaning out and turning over flower beds, planting annuals, and perhaps staining or repairing the deck or fence.
While the above can be sufficiently comprehensive and time-consuming in its own right, another important aspect of spring property maintenance that should not be neglected is that of tree care. Winter weather can be particularly hard on trees and shrubs; thus it is incumbent on property owners to assess the health and vitality of their trees when the spring returns; this means taking several measures on their own as well as considering the support of a professional tree services provider like DreamWorks Tree Services.
From a general or global perspective, spring tree care customarily includes the following:
- Branch Pruning
- Tree and Soil Fertilization
- Mulching (new or topping-up)
The importance of performing/completing each of these steps is itemized below:
Tree and Shrub Inspection
- To identify damage that may have occurred over the winter
- To check for the presence of disease and/or insect infestation
- To determine the need for removal of dead wood or branches
- To accelerate/promote or slow/retard growth as appropriate
- To remove dead or diseased wood and to improve tree health
- To increase penetration of sunlight through interior branch pruning
- To reinvigorate, shape, or re-shape trees and shrubs subsequent to neglect
- To give trees the longest growing period before their first winter
- To permit the roots to grow and establish in the moist spring soil
- To avoid the heat of the summer and minimize potential damage
Spring Tree and Plant Fertilization
- To replenish nutrients in the soil and promote root development
- To help trees defend against infestation from insects or diseases
- To insulate the soil and act as a buffer against hot temperatures
- To help retain water/moisture in the soil and keep the roots moist
- To block or inhibit weed growth and prevent competition with roots
Due to the overall importance of spring tree care in safeguarding and promoting tree and shrub health and vitality, homeowners and commercial property owners may find benefit in the professional tree services provided by DreamWorks Tree Services, including spring inspections, tree and branch pruning, and new tree planting, mulching, and fertilization.
A Complete Range of Professional Tree Services for All Your Tree Care Needs
While the spring season is unquestionably an important time in relation to tree care and maintenance, homeowners and property owners may often require professional services throughout various times of the year. Whether it is due to storm damage, construction, landscaping projects, or simply for aesthetic reasons, trees and shrubs will often require some attention and/or protection.
The experienced professionals from DreamWorks Tree Services offer a complete range of tree services to meet the needs of property owners year-round; these services include:
- Spur-free tree pruning
- Tree and stump removal
- Tree planting/transplanting
- Hedge trimming and shrub care
- 24/7 emergency storm damage clean-up
- Cabling and bracing (for damage prevention)
- Firewood and woodchip delivery; lot clearing; permit applications
For more information on the professional tree care provided by the team at DreamWorks Tree Services, including spring tree services such as pruning, planting, and fertilization, please visit https://www.dreamworkstrees.com/tree-services
Promote and protect the health and vitality of your trees this spring through the expert tree services offered by our knowledgeable and skilled arborists. Call DreamWorks Tree Services today at 647-793-8903 or contact us to discuss the particular needs for your property.